Dare Ring
Truth Or Dare?

Go Back   Dare Ring "Truth Or Dare" Online > Our Websites > DareRing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Member List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

click here to watch the DareRing videos

Old 09-26-2005, 12:38 PM

Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeregrineJohn
Any new games coming soon?

I hope so! Though since the last games two of our stars have moved away and a couple others are now in serious/monogamous relationships, so we'll have to find a few more daring individuals first.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Fair Game

PeregrineJohn looks like a chicken
Well geez, it wouldn't be hard to drum up a few just around here...

Old 09-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Fresh Meat

Nebulae looks like a chicken
Thanks, and suggestions for the next one...

Wow! These movies are fantastic. And I'm not just saying that because it's my personal fantasy come true. Very well done.

A couple ideas for any future Dare Ring movies...

* Like the participants themselves (judging from their comments), I'd like to see a little more variety in the cards. There are more than two ways to get someone to take off an item of clothing or heat up a fellow player. A little less repetition of cards would go a long way toward keeping things fresh. (Perhaps Dare Ring members would like to suggest card ideas.)

* Maybe a crazy idea, but I'll let you decide: What if the movies tried to "include" the viewer? Have a pile of cards specifically crafted for us. (No "kiss player #3," for example.) When it's the viewer's turn, one of the players picks a card for us and reads it to us to complete. The filmed players can fill with a few moments of conversation to give us time to fulfill the card.

But again, nicely done with these movies. Best I've seen on the 'net.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Fair Game

This reminds me: any input on this one?
Quote:
since I'd like to set up a game of my own, could you perhaps list the cards that weren't picked for the final dares? That would be amazingly helpful, esp. to those of us without your particularly twisted imagination...

Old 09-28-2005, 03:19 AM

Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.Webmaster DareRing V.I.P.
We're always open to suggestions.

Though the tricky part of DareRing is getting the prep right. It takes some math. You've got to calculate (the number of players) x (approximately how many items of clothing they're likely to be wearing) to = the total pool of clothing from which to subtract. You've got to make sure there's the right number of cards and opportunities to get the results you want.

You can then pretty accurately predict how many people will be at what stage of undress at each round of the game. That's really important for planning rounds. For those of you who've watched the movies, you know how much of a difference this can make. Of course, it's the "who" that is totally unpredictable.

We wanted to make it so there were apparent winners and losers, so we actually designed the game so that only about half of the players would have to get naked. We actually expected a lot more clothing left on. But with all the other stuff we built in, gambling and voluntary sacrifices, you saw how players started picking on eachother and taking it to the extreme.

I'm not going to give away any potential spoilers, such as what other final dares might be. Your imaginations are as good as ours!

Old 09-28-2005, 07:32 AM
Fresh Meat

Nebulae looks like a chicken
More than one way to strip a player

Ah, the marvelous mathematics of getting people naked!

I do appreciate the challenges of game design, and I think you've done a fabulous job of it. (Most games like this are just a bunch of kinky cards with no thought for balance and progression.)

I'm just suggesting more surface level variety. There is more than one way to get a player to take off an item of clothing. If you know you want let's say six cards in a round that will get the player to remove an article of clothing. Instead of six "Take off an article of clothing" cards, you could have:

1-"Take off an article of clothing."
1-"Roll the dice. Using only one hand, remove an article of clothing from that player. (Still valid if you roll your own number.)"
1-"If you are wearing anything blue [with zippers, made with Lycra, etc.], remove one blue article of clothing."
1-"Roll the dice. If you roll a 1, 2 or 3, remove one article of clothing. If you roll a 4 or 5, remove two articles of clothing. 6, remove three articles of clothing."
1-"Roll the dice. That player will spend 30 seconds removing one article of clothing from you."
1-"Spend 30 seconds removing one article of clothing in the manner of a world-class erotic stripper."

Same principle applies to other cards. You set out the basic goal -- get some players naked, get players warmed up, get players aroused, etc. -- then come up with a wide variety of ways to accomplish that goal. Variety is the spice of life, and all that.

And like I said before, nowhere better than this board to get suggestions for these cards (that's your cue, people), especially if you want to lay out the categories of cards for us.

Just my thoughts for making a great thing maybe even a little better. But really, fantastic movies, fantastic game. Thanks so much.

Old 10-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Fresh Meat

juggernaut looks like a chicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Yeah, when I signed up for CCBill I used the same company name I registered for my GF's (now retired) website. I didn't know that they'd stick it on the bill. And now they won't allow us to change it without offical docs. I'm fixing this with a new "D.B.A.", just waiting on some out-of-state government bureaucracy. No idea how much longer it'll take to get these forms and stuff done, but then I've got to get them to CCBill, who pass them on to Visa for approval, and then finally they'll change it.

Any progress on this?

Old 10-01-2005, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut
Any progress on this?

Our first application "may have been mishandled" , so I've resubmitted.

I'd just go down to their office myself, but we're no longer in the same state as where the original company was formed, so I've had to do the notarizing and stuff by mail, relying on a 3rd party to fulfill the in-state requirements.

... it seems really silly going through this professional process given the subject matter.

I'll let you all know as soon as I know.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:54 PM

Finally!

We finally got our DBA approved! ( I can't believe it took them so long .. ) I've already got this change registered with CCBill/Visa, so from now on anyone who orders a movie will be billed discreetly as " Daring Press ". ( note: spelt as 'Daring', not 'Darering' ) I picked this name so that you'd still be able to identify the charge on your statement, but if someone else sees it you can just say you ordered a book or something.

Old 11-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Fresh Meat

Thanks a lot. But how do you log back in? I paid, downloaded 2 episodes, then closed the window, but hwne I went back to the site, I couldnt download the rest, and there seems no place to put in my UN and PW.

What can I do about this?

Old 11-24-2005, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut
Thanks a lot. But how do you log back in? I paid, downloaded 2 episodes, then closed the window, but hwne I went back to the site, I couldnt download the rest, and there seems no place to put in my UN and PW.

What can I do about this?

You should have received an email with all your info including the full download URL.
If you need it re-sent, please email webmaster@darering.com

Old 11-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Fresh Meat

Ah, the email was diverted to my junk mail folder, I guess I should be less protective of my inbox.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Fair Game

How odd. My card (which I know is perfectly good - used it for gas this evening) was declined. Are there any quirks to CCBill I should know about?

Old 01-05-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
How odd. My card (which I know is perfectly good - used it for gas this evening) was declined. Are there any quirks to CCBill I should know about?

You would probably have to ask them. To keep the system secure, I don't get any access to your CC details. So I'm afraid I don't know why that card is being declined.

https://support.ccbill.com/

Old 01-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Fresh Meat

Doonra looks like a chicken
Hey, just wanted to say I love the movies! I had no intention of buying them until I saw the ending of round three in the first game. Holy crap, is Tanya hot! But my card (which I know is good) keeps getting declined. Guess I'll try again later...

Anyhow, are you able to say if she's one of the players who either moved away or is now in a serious relationship? If not, I hope she's in future games!

Anyhow, thanks again!

Old 02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Fresh Meat

jay20166 looks like a chicken
hey check out VEROTEL.COM

hey i use verotel.com and it works great for my website... also i just wanted to say i love the website!! its just what i was looking for! i'm looking forward to the next video.

thanks.
jay.
http://www.AFwrestling.com

Old 02-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Fresh Meat

falcon031 looks like a chicken
A Problem

I purchased the third video and have tried to watch it. The fiirst two parts downloaded fine. Parts three through seven only partialy downloads. I have a cable connection to the internet and have downloaded bigger files than these. Is there anything I can do to be able to watch the complete game?

Old 02-17-2006, 11:53 PM

Hi Falcon,

First, let me quote myself from much earlier in this thread ...

Quote:
Please make sure you have selected to save the files to your harddrive ("Save to Disk") before trying to play them, vs. trying to open/play them directly from the server.

If that isn't the answer, my next guess is make sure your ISP isn't limiting your bandwidth or max file size.

There's nothing unusual about the download process. It's just click and save, same as any other file on the internet.

If this doesn't apply, perhaps try downloading one of the problem clips again. It's possible they may have just been corrupted in transfer, especially if you were downloading all at once.

If you need any more help, please email webmaster@darering.com

Old 03-10-2006, 07:16 AM
Fair Game

mausi7280bi is very popularmausi7280bi is very popularmausi7280bi is very popular
Send a message via AIM to mausi7280bi Send a message via Yahoo to mausi7280bi
More?

hello, i like all 3 videos, and my favorite is the third !
I hope there come more !!
They are realy great.
if there are sometimes closeups then teh clips are hotter.

nicci

Old 03-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Fresh Meat

bergen looks like a chicken
Debit Cards

Debit cards work fine for downloading the movies, as long as they have one of the major logos ( Visa, Mastercard etc ).

I am in the UK and even though It was a $ to transaction there was no problem.

PS the same goes for most pay sites.

Bergen

Old 04-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Fresh Meat

onesuperrob looks like a chicken
Send a message via MSN to onesuperrob
Quick question everyone. Which of the three was the best?

Old 04-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Fresh Meat

justaddwalter looks like a chicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesuperrob
Quick question everyone. Which of the three was the best?

My favorite was the 1st game because those girls were so shocked at the end. Their reaction was priceless. The 2nd game they knew what was coming. Tho the 3rd game was hella hot too.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Fresh Meat

onesuperrob looks like a chicken
Send a message via MSN to onesuperrob
So in other words they are all good?